Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fried Baby Squirrel

The power company will charge you if you've caused a power outage. I imagine they will bill your estate even if you managed - accidentally - to electrocute yourself.

At 3 p.m. last Friday we decided to do some outdoor work. I decided to take down a tree or two. I had not really factored the power lines even though it is obvious that the lines are involved.

At 4 p.m. I called the power company. I'd already done a little cutting anyway.

At 4:45 p.m., on a Friday, through traffic construction, Lenny, the electrical arborist, arrived on the scene.

At 4:50 he informed me of the information above.

At 5 p.m. he'd positioned his bucket truck and started topping trees.
(Fortunately there was an empty parking lot across the fence and under the lines.)

At 5:47 p.m. he found the fried baby squirrel.

At 5:48 p.m. he did not say "I told you so."

It can be a pleasure to watch one man with the proper tools and a couple decades of experience. This was one of those times. He topped those trees like a cake decorator working in butter cream.

At 6:30 p.m. it was getting dark and he was packing up his truck.

What a show. Front row seats. Back stage pass. Free of charge.

All we have to do is clean up the lawn.

If you need help like this it's best to call before you start cutting.

Ask for Lenny.

No comments: